Hello Dice Masters! Welcome back for the next installment of the TOTM. This one is straight up rip off (with the Royal Blessing of course) from our friends over at the MOD. Read on for the details.
For those that are unfamiliar with the TOTM, here is what you need to know:
- You will be given specific parameters for a Team Build for the given month.
- A “fun play night” will be set when people will be welcome to gather and play their Teams themselves for the competition.
This competition will be open worldwide, and anyone is welcome to join. The submission deadline for this month will be 10:00 PM Mountain Time on February 21, 2020. Submissions should be filled out on the TOTM Team Submission Form. This is not a hard deadline, but the more notice I have, the better I can get things set up.
Here is the challenge for February 2020:
If you have not listened to the most recent episode of The Ministry of Dice Podcast, click this link top check it out. I’ll wait for you.
Listened to it? Excellent! Their next MODPDM is going to be using a very interesting Format called MODMGE. I asked the one and only True Mister Six if I could give this a go for our TOTM. With his blessing, let me present to you…
What is this?
Since you listened to the whole episode, I don’t really need to explain things much… right? In case you need a minor refresher, the MGE of MODMGE stands for Modern Global Escalation. It basically restricts the Global Escalation Format even further by only allowing Modern viable cards.
You can only use Modern legal cards to build your Teams. Cards from the Waterdeep and WWE sets are all legal for this competition. All current Wizkids Modern bans are in effect. In addition to any previous Global Escalation bans, cards from any of the Top 2 Teams from any of the following official 2019 Events will also be banned… with the exception of cards with Global Abilities:
- European Championship
- Canadian Nationals
- US Nationals
- Wizkids World Championship
You can find the full Wizkids Global Escalation List here. The Dice Coalition’s Team Builder will filter most of these out for you. The cards not currently on the Global Escalation Ban List, but ineligible for this Event are:
- Black Widow – Agent
- Iceman – Right on Schedule
- Psylocke – Reforming X-Force
- Steve Trevor – Themysciran Liason
- Storm – Morlock Champion
- Thrown Brick – Basic Action Card
- Wonder Woman – Reflections
- Yellow Lantern Ring – Weaponer’s Ring
- Yuan-Ti Pureblood – Lesser Humanoid
Proxy dice and cards are allowed under the following conditions:
- Action dice proxies must match the energy and burst faces exactly.
- Character dice proxies must have the same symbols, stats, and energy type as the original die. For example, AVX Black Widow could be used in place of AI Black Widow as they are identical dice. For this TOTM only, Waterdeep and WWE dice can be proxied as long as the stats are the same on the dice you are using. This is to help anyone across the pond without access to the product to participate if they so desired.
- Cards can be freely proxied, as long as it is clear to your Opponent what you are using.
The plan is to play your Team on Saturday, February 22, 2020, starting around 7:00 PM Mountain Time (9:00 PM Eastern). We will be starting things off in our very own Hangouts Room. You can find the link here. Ideally, it would be nice to get 3-4 Rounds of Play in… but we will see what happens. If all things go according to plan, we will be broadcasting the TOTM on our very own Twitch Channel.
Matches will be 30 minutes long to avoid slogs. If the game is tied when time is called, the game will go to 5 turns with the active player being Turn Andy (or Turn Zero if you want). The player with the most life at the end of Turns will be the winner.
Looking forward to seeing you there. Thanks for reading and feel free to reach out to us with any questions.
Best of luck!
– Dice Masters North