The pandemic continues, so online Dice Masters is in full force! The whole weekly thing has not happened yet, because of the busy pandemic schedule, but the regular TOTM is in full effect.
For those that are unfamiliar with the TOTM, here is what you need to know:
- You will be given specific parameters for a Team Build for the given month.
- A “fun play night” will be set when people will be welcome to gather and play their Teams themselves for the competition.
This competition will be open worldwide, and anyone is welcome to join. The submission deadline for this month will be 11:00 PM Mountain Time on April 24, 2020. Submissions should be filled out on the TOTM Team Submission Form. This is not a hard deadline, but the more notice I have, the better I can get things set up.
Here is the challenge for April 2020:
As this is the 5th month of the current pandemic (well it feels like it), I decided to dig into the Calgary archives and pull out one of our random Formats for this one. Let me present to you…
What is this?
This was a “one off” comment that lead to a fun format. You can read my original article here. This is a pretty basic Format where you are only allowed 5 cards on your Team, and each of these cards must be 5 cost. This excludes your BAC’s. The one thing that I will be changing from the original run of this is to fit further with the “5” theme of the night, you will be rolling 5 dice each turn. The first player will roll only 4 dice on the initial turn.
Everything is fair game in this one. You will be able to build from the full selection of Golden Cards. I will be removing some obvious crutches in this Format. The following cards will be banned for this Format:
- Professor X: Trainer (UXM)
- The Collector: Taneleer Tivan (GOTG)
- Jerry Lawler, Ringside Announcer: Basic Action Card (WWE)
Proxy dice and cards are allowed under the following conditions:
- Action dice proxies must match the energy and burst faces exactly.
- Character dice proxies must have the same symbols, stats, and energy type as the original die. For example, AVX Black Widow could be used in place of AI Black Widow as they are identical dice.
- Cards can be freely proxied, as long as it is clear to your Opponent what you are using.
The plan is to play your Team on Saturday, April 25, 2020, starting around 7:00 PM Mountain Time. We will be starting off the night on our very own Twitch Channel. Join the chat and we will set up pairings there. You can find the link to the Twitch Stream here. Ideally, it would be nice to get 3-4 Rounds of Play in… but we will see what happens.
Matches will be 30 minutes long to avoid slogs. If the game is tied when time is called, the game will go to 5 turns with the active player being Turn Andy (or Turn Zero if you want). The player with the most life at the end of Turns will be the winner.
Looking forward to seeing you there. Thanks for reading and feel free to reach out to us with any questions.
Best of luck!
– Dice Masters North