Hello Dice Masters! The leaves are falling and the pumpkin spice is flowing. It is time to set up the first “official” TOTM of the Fall.
For those that are unfamiliar with the TOTM, here is what you need to know:
- You will be given specific parameters for a Team Build for the given month.
- A “fun play night” will be set when people will be welcome to gather and play their Teams themselves for the competition.
This competition will be open worldwide, and anyone is welcome to join. The submission deadline for this month will be 8:00 PM EST on October 18, 2019. Submissions should be filled out on the TOTM Team Submission Form. This is not a hard deadline, but the more notice I have, the better I can get things set up.
Here is the challenge for October 2019:
We recently welcomed Reg and Kim to the Dice Masters North Team. In celebration of this, we decided to reach back to their YouTube roots and bring back their Affiliation Tournament. Let me present to you…
What is this?
There is nothing complicated with this build. Your Team must share the same Affiliation symbol. That’s it…. sort of. We’ll be borrowing some of the same rules from the recent True Mister Six Birthday Bash. Read on for the specifics.
Everything is fair game in this one. You will be able to build from the full selection of Golden Cards. The following card bans that are in place will be:
- Swords of Revealing Light – BAC
- Relentless – BAC
- Cosmic Cube – Energy of the Beyonders
- Half Elf Bard – Master Lords’ Alliance
- Yuan-Ti Pureblood – Epic Humanoid
- Hope Summers – Pluripotent Echopraxia
- Brainiac – Get Inside Your Head
In addition to the above naughty cards, the following rules will be in place:
- Your team must all share a single Affiliation. You can use non-BAC’s, but they must be thematically linked to your chosen Affiliation.
- Your BAC’s must come from the same Universe as your Affiliation. For example, if you choose Avengers, your BAC’s must be from the Marvel sets.
- Pure Villains are not allowed. They must have a secondary Affiliation that they share (eg. Brotherhood, Legion of Doom). Pure Villains WILL be allowed if you decide to go full Turtles. 😉
- Flip cards are allowed, but must start the game on whatever Affiliation you have chosen.
- Mystics can be cross-IP. If you go that route, split your BAC choices between the sets (I.e. one from Marvel, and one from DC).
The plan is to play your Teams on Saturday, October 19, 2019, starting around 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. We will be starting things off in our very own Hangouts Room. You can find the link here. Ideally, it would be nice to get 3-4 Rounds of Play in… but we will see what happens.
Matches will be 30 minutes long to avoid slogs. If the game is tied when time is called, the game will go to 5 turns with the active player being Turn Andy (or Turn Zero if you want). The player with the most life at the end of Turns will be the winner.
Looking forward to seeing you there. Thanks for reading and feel free to reach out to us with any questions.
Best of luck!
– Dice Masters North