Hello Dice Masters! Welcome back to our last TOTM installment for 2018. As the holiday season tends to be a little on the busier side, we decided to mash November and December together. Read on for the final challenge for 2018.
For those that are unfamiliar with the TOTM, here is what you need to know:
- You will be given specific parameters for a Team Build for the given month.
- A “fun play night” will be set when people will be welcome to gather and play their Teams themselves for the competition.
- Prizing will be based on Community input from that night. Those who participate will be asked to vote for the most interesting build of the night. Not necessarily the most successful one. Kind of a “Best in Show” award. We do want to reward originality here.
This competition will be open worldwide, and anyone is welcome to join. The submission deadline for this round will be 10:00 PM Mountain Time on December 8, 2018. Submissions should be filled out on the TOTM Team Submission Form. You must be present to be eligible for any prizing. Rewards will be sent via regular letter mail to the recipient. If you require tracking information, you will be responsible for any additional costs.
Here is the challenge for November/December 2018:
With the end of the year upon us, I thought it would be fitting to end the year with a bang. What better way to do that than to bring out the BFG. You know the Big Friendly Gia… no… that’s not right. The Big Fu… nope… we are family friendly here (most times). I’m sure it will come to me eventually. We are looking at the big boys (and girls) for this round. Without further delay…
There is one, and only one, stipulation for this build: All of your character and non-basic action cards must be 6 cost or higher. Beyond that, anything is fair game. Basic Action Cards are exempt from this cost restriction, so feel free to Throw as many Bricks as you want. The build is completely open to all cards currently available and is only limited by your imagination. Since Warhammer will be released before this event, those cards will also be allowed for this TOTM.
Now, it wouldn’t be a TOTM without a Naughty List. These cards will be banned from this competition:
- Jinzo: Trap Destroyer (He is too easy of a tool to mess up purchasing big characters, so he is out).
- Hulkbuster Iron Man: Model 36 (Too easy in this format).
- Thanos: Eternal Might (He had his time in the spotlight last month and could be abused in this format… sorry Thanos).
- Hela: Even in Death… (The Global is makes this format not fun.)
- Seething Corruption: Basic Action Card (It can’t be this easy to remove a BFG.)
- Relentless: Basic Action Card (Once a bad Global, always a bad Global.)
- Swords of Revealing Light: Basic Action Card (See above.)
After reviewing some cards and potential interactions, there is one combo that will not be allowed in this competition. You can have these cards individually on your Team, but you cannot have any combination of these cards on your Team. I will leave it up to you to figure out why:
- Stompa: Big Mek’s
- Parallax: Source of Terror
- Parallax: Fear
The plan is to play your Teams on December 8, 2018, starting around 7:00 PM Mountain Time. Looking forward to seeing you there. We will be starting things off in our very own Google Hangouts Room. You can find the link to that here.
Matches will be 30 minutes long to avoid slogs. If the game is tied when time is called, the game will go to 5 turns with the active player being Turn Andy (or Turn Zero if you want). The player with the most life at the end of Turns will be the winner.
Looking forward to seeing you there. Thanks for reading and feel free to reach out with any questions.
Best of luck!
– Dice Masters North